Friday, February 26, 2010

A Bit of Fabric Shopping!

My parents and hubby's parents always give us money for Christmas so we can buy what we want.  Always a good thing!  I spent some of my loot on fabric, of course.  Way back in early January, I ordered some fun stuff from Hancocks of Paducah.  One jelly roll had to be back ordered.  I'd really forgotten about it, but yesterday it came in the mail.

Isn't it yummy?  This is Kona Cotton - I do love any color of Kona Cotton, but these are luscious!  The jelly roll is  made up of the newest colors of Kona.  Here's another shot of the same jelly roll from the other side so you can see the rest of it.
I don't know yet what I'll do with it, but I think it will be a happy quilt, for sure.

  
Fruit and Ice

Then yesterday I happened onto this fun fabric on the internet, and yes, I just HAD to have it!  It's called Fruit and Ice and I ordered it from Quilters Quarters.  I can see many uses for this!  

I leave you today with a regal shot of Oliver on his sofa.  Yes, the sofa seems to belong to him now.  Every evening Hubby and I relax in our matching recliners while Ollie takes over the sofa.  He pretty much fills up the whole thing, and he doesn't really like to share, though he will if need be.  Sweet boy.



2 comments:

Lisa A said...

That shot of Oliver could be a painting!

Kat said...

I got one of those Kona rolls in the dark palette and decided to make it into a bargello quilt. They are great, aren't they? It ended up taking two rolls for a queen size top. I am in the process of sewing the second half of it together now.

http://katandcatquilts.blogspot.com/2010/02/on-my-design-wall.html