Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Third Finish for 2010

I put the binding on the owlie sorority quilt today - my third finish of the year.
And I realized I never showed a picture of the binding on my second finish of the year.  Yup, you guessed it!  My favorite black and white striped binding.  I'm in love with this quilt and can't wait to show you the whole thing.  I'm thinking I'll make a version for myself, too.
I thought I'd share what I've been doing while hubby and I watch the Olympics each night.  This is the colorful background that we all decided wasn't actually a background piece at all, but a finished quilt top.  I'm hand quilting it with a lovely pile of perle cotton.  I'm quilting concentric circles, some of them overlapping.  This is hard on the fingers!  I try to quilt a few circles each night.

I know I haven't had a Mickey Monday in some time.  I haven't worked on the quilt lately, but I'll get back to it soon!

2 comments:

SEWButterfly said...

Love your blog...and, quilts!

Emily said...

Selvage quilt looks great from what I can see! I can't wait to see the whole thing!