Wednesday, February 10, 2010

An Inspiration

A couple of weekends ago, hubby and I wanted to get out of the house for awhile so we went on one of our favorite adventures:  looking at houses.  We've enjoyed house hunting together since before we married.  Are we planning to move?  Not sure.  Since we're empty nesters now, we don't feel the need to stay in this immediate area, though we wouldn't move far since hubby does have a job to drive to everyday.  We do love this house, though, and the more we think about it, the more we might just stay put.

Either way, look at this adorable quilt we saw in a model home!  So simple, so contemporary, so classic.  I can see this made from strips of scraps, too.  This may be in my future.

Today will be interesting around here.  The power company will be doing some planned maintenance in our area.  They notified us that our electricity will be out from 9 this morning until 4:30 this afternoon.  Woe is me!  I've got the gas logs on to keep me warm on this very cold day.  I've got my Kindle charged up so I can read.  I have some hand sewing at the ready - I can sit by a window and work on it.  And I'll pack - I'm going to a quilt retreat tomorrow!!!!  So I'll be gone from here for a few days.  But when I'm back I'll have LOTS of photos to share from retreat.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

free indeed said...

THose ARe nice quilts! So wonderful for boy bunkbeds...I've got some grandsons that might like those! I would definately try to clear some scrap bin strips to get mine done.

Michele said...

That quilt is FABULOUS! It looks like it's got some Kaffe stripes in it. That's definitely going on my to-do list (one of these years). Thanks for sharing.

Carrie said...

Looks like I've just added another quilt idea to my list! What a fantastic idea for scraps. Have fun on the quilting retreat! I'll make it to one before you know it :)