Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Consolidation

I've spent some time this week going through drawers, boxes, and bins in my studio.  I'm trying to downsize my stuff in case we move.  Yesterday afternoon I attacked my scrap bucket.  It's been overflowing for months now.  I throw all my scrap in there - not a good idea.  I couldn't imaging moving this mess to a new house.  

My goal was to reduce the scraps so they would fit in the smaller bin beside the bucket above. So I sorted the scraps and got rid of the smallest ones that I know I'll never use.  Then I tore the bigger pieces into strips.  Strips are so easy to work with; I know with the scraps already in strips that I'll be more likely to use them.
Success!  The strips fit very nicely in the smaller bin.  I wish I'd done this years ago.  From now on, all my leftover scraps will become strips before I store them.

We still don't know if the new house will work out.  They countered on our offer yesterday. We're still miles apart.  We'll probably counter back tonight or tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I'll keep cleaning and sorting.  

1 comment:

SEWButterfly said...

Hope you get the house...praying for you! I just did a 'Spring' cleaning in my studio, also! ;D