Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Have an Itch!

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with anything.  I took it in Europe last year.  I hate to post without a picture.

Spring Break ends today with Daughter 2 returning to college.  Hubby and I continue to tweak our house, hoping to make it irresistible to home buyers.  Yesterday we had the driveway, sidewalk, deck, and back patio pressure washed. Hubby pulled weeds, and I touched up paint. Hubby cleaned the garage last weekend, loading all the piles of stuff we want to keep (but we don't want seen) in my car.  My Sequoia, which normally can seat 7, can now only seat 2.  

I've been hiding (putting away) things that are usually conveniently laying around.  In the process, I lost my cell phone charger.  I searched the house for 3 days looking for it.  I was long overdue to upgrade my phone, so instead of buying a new charger, I  bought a new phone for the same price of a replacement charger.

Today we're looking into replacing a couple of appliances (cooktop and oven/microwave).  We're ready to do what it takes to sell this house.  Eighteen years ago when we bought this house, there was nothing new about it.  It has green appliances (and I don't mean energy efficient!), shag carpet, and dark paneling.  But nowadays, we are all schooled in home staging from hours of watching HGTV.  And now buyers expect homes to look as if Lisa Laporta from Designed to Sell has just spent a couple of weeks in your home.  I'm trying, Lisa!

Today I'm going to do a bit of caulking in the master bath, touch up some trim paint, and yes, shop for appliances.  So what kind of itch do I have?  AN ITCH TO QUILT!


No comments: