Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Little Bouquet Update

I'm having so much fun making this little quilt.  Here are my first five flowers; they are just pinned to the background at this point.  I took this photo yesterday.  This morning I made several additional flowers and cut some leaves (while I waited for the girls to wake up).  I'll take some more pic's later.

The flowers can be attached simply by free motion stitching, giving the edges a chance to fray a bit.  I'm thinking I'll layer the top onto the batting and backing first, and then free motion stitch the flowers and leaves in place.  That way I can take care of much of the quilting at the same time.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I had planned on quilting along with you on this one, but life has gotten in the way here. This is my next project as soon as I get a few more things done! You are planning on leaving the instructions online, aren't you?

Julia Wood said...

Cherry House Quilts will be leaving the instruction PDFs up on that blog indefinitely, so you can make one whenever you're ready!

free indeed said...

I've got a few of my flowers made too, but they aren't turning out as nice as yours...my next batch should show some improvement....