Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another Quiltfest Favorite

I wanted to share another one of my favorite quilts from our recent quilt show.  This was made by my friend, Tammie Black, and I LOVE IT!  This is a wavy cracker design.  Sorry for cutting off part of the border and all of the binding.  It was tight quarters to take photos!

Not only are the gradations of colors wonderful in this little quilt, but when you get closer...
...you'll see that she has hand stitched a different little item on every single cracker block.  Each item matches the color of that block.
Click on the pictures to see the baubles closer.
Isn't this so creative?  Tammy finished the quilt part and took it on trips with her searching for the perfect little baubles.

Now, for what I've been up to:
I'm getting ready for a Studio Clean-Out Quilters' Garage Sale!  Which means I've been going through my studio, item by item.  I'm so tired of cleaning and organizing the space when I know deep down that I simply have TOO MUCH STUFF!

I have so many things that I know I'll never use.  And it's time to let them go.  I'm selling tons of quilting books, upholstery fabric, storage units, a bookcase, trims, ribbons, and on and on.

My goal is to have the sale late next week.  I hope I make it!

Thanks to all of you for giving me new blogs to visit!  I've visited them all and I love them, too!  I'm slowly rebuilding my list.

2 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

good luck on the clean out. I swear I have to do that everyday, yet I only do it when I can't stand it anymore....

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the cutest little quilt. I can imagine it took her awhile to find all of the color coordinated baubles.

Good luck on cleaning out. I think I can do it and then I can't part with things I thought I could. I think it has to do with my age group. We went without when we were children so its hard to part with something we may not be able to afford later when we need it. The truth is of course that we will probably never need a lot of it.