Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Best of Show and Patient Updates

I wanted to share with you the Best of Show winner from our Guild's recent QuiltFest.  Unfortunately, my photo doesn't do it justice.  This is "Schizo Rose" by my good friend, Judy Robinson.  It is her original design based on a photo she took of a rose blossom.  I do wish I'd taken a close up of her quilting - it takes the quilt to a whole new level - phenomenal!!!  But click on the picture and you'll be able to see a bit of that machine quilting.

Judy is in my small art group.  I knew when I saw this quilt a month ago that it was something special.  I'm so proud for her.  And it was thrilling to see a true art quilt win Best of Show!  I don't think that's ever happened before at one of our quilt shows.

Update on my dad:
Blood work came back normal.  The doctor put him on an antibiotic in case there is a hidden infection.  His blood sugar has been a bit wacky lately (he has Type 2 diabetes), so he now has a blood sugar meter and is testing it daily to make sure we keep it under control.  I think he's suffering from a bit of old age.  I know it's not easy being 85 and slowing down.  

Update on Patches:
He didn't get good news.  The tumor is malignant.  The vet sent a biopsy to Auburn University to find out exactly how aggressive the cancer is.  Amputation is not an option because two of his "good" legs are not strong enough.  The vet said surgically removing the tumor is not an option either; it's really massive and it is involved with the bones, nerves, muscles.  The good thing is that he is not in pain.  So for now we will keep the leg wrapped and keep him happy.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

So sorry about Patches. I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.