Monday, July 13, 2009

Friends are Blessings

Here is a portion of another QuiltFest quilt, a one block wonder by Judy Cloe.  Have you noticed I always love her quilts?  The focus fabric (from which all the blocks are made) is on the left side.  Today we had our last  Guild meeting for the 2008-2009 year.  So many friends there greeted me with kind words or a hug after reading my last blog entry about Patches.  I've decided that this quilt reminds me of my many quilter friends.  We are all made from the same fabric, yet we're all unique in our own ways.  We fit together like a puzzle, supporting each other in times of joy and sorrow.  And if any one were missing, it just wouldn't be the same.

To keep myself busy Sunday afternoon, I finished getting ready for my quilters' garage sale in our living room.  I ended up having it this afternoon after the Guild meeting.  It was extremely successful.  Tons of stuff sold and the rest will be donated to charity.

Tomorrow I'll be up in my studio try to put my remaining treasures into some sort of orderly arrangement.  I hope to be sewing again by the end of the week in a clean, clutter free, orderly, happy studio.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sorry to miss your sale, Judy. I had to run home to get Vann to chemo.