Sunday, September 7, 2008

Silk Waste Flower

Silk Waste Flower

I think today deserves a bright, cheery image.  The green background is silk waste. It came in a bag of goodies I bought earlier this year at the AQS show in Paducah...before I started my current "NO BUY" plan.  I used my embellishing machine to machine felt the flower image onto the silk waste - pretty cool, I think.

I had my first real temptation this weekend.  While at the grocery store, I walked down the magazine aisle.  Yes...there were quilt magazines!  Ones I hadn't read!  I increased my speed and tried not to look.  I resisted!  Later that evening, I pulled an old quilt magazine out of a box.  I spent the next several hours reading it cover to cover.  The funny thing is, I don't even remember reading it before.  What fun I had!


1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Judy, I'm so glad you started your blog. You're such a good writer and artist. I never understood why I was the only one in BQG with a blog. It's such fun and very creative, don't you think. Keep it up. I'm loving what you're doing. And thanks for tipping me off. I'm going to post a link on my blog. Might steer some more readers your way.