Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Scrappy Bowl


My challenge for today was to pull out my HUGE scrap bin and make something.  I've had the book, It's A Wrap, for a bit and have been wanting to try the techniques.  When I bought the book, I also bought the cotton clothesline that goes with it.  The method is fairly straightforward: wrapping strips of fabric around the clothesline, coiling the wrapped clothesline, then zigzagging around the coil.  The tips given in the book were most helpful, and any lopsidedness of the bowl is my fault!  It looked a bit better before I took it from a flat piece to a bowl with raised sides, so maybe I should stick with coasters, place mats, and trivets instead of bowls.  I do love the scrappy mix of fabrics and colors.  These little pieces would make great Christmas gifts.  The only problem is that I didn't make a dent in the scrap bin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea. Love the colours.

The Southern Mom said...

This is too cute and what a good idea for using up scraps!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The bowl is lovely. Great job!