Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Classes!

I spent the weekend developing three new machine sewn classes for my repertoire. Whew! Here they are:



The first class is Machine Quilted Portraits. Of course my sample had to be super duper Cooper! This was really fun and surprisingly fast to make. It measures 8"x10".

This class is Wonky and Wonderful, learning to make an artistic quilt top full of wonky curves and piecing. Luckily I didn't have to make this sample. I made this quilt a few years ago. Do my Birmingham friends recognize this? Have you figured out what is missing?

I made this for a challenge - we had to include some flying geese units. In my usual quest to be different, my flying geese were literal. I cut little geese from plastic and stitched them onto the quilt. I've now removed them.




Ta Dah! Here's what I spent the MOST time sewing. Here's my vest. I tweaked my own pattern a bit, rounding the bottom front edges. I love how it is much longer in the back. And I LOVE the panel in the back done in a contrasting fabric. The leaf shapes are all free motion stitched before cutting out the top layer. I ADORE the texture this garment has!

Who knew I would ever design a clothing pattern??!!! I'm planning to have it printed - it will be my FIRST pattern for sale. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: