Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rug Update



Here's a pic of the rug I'm working on for Rockland Industries, made with their Roc Lon Multi Purpose Cloth.  You may remember, I used acrylic paints on the small sample.  I loved the effect, but decided I wanted more pattern.  So for the real rug, I'm using scraps of fabric between the traced letters.  I'm LOVING the effect!  It will take some time, but it will be worth it.
Here are yesterday's teeny tiny nine patches.  From now on, I'll post these on the Teeny Tiny 9 Patch blog I've set up for all those who are participating.  Click on the button on the right side of this blog to get there.  I'll be sending out a link soon to all those who are participating; that way we can all share photos of our TT9P progress.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi there....Shar sent me over to your blog to check out your tutorial on the tiny 9-patch.....WOW....love your techniques.
I've signed up as a "Follower" and hope to visit often.
Take care.

Vals Quilting said...

Hi Julia, I totally want to make a rug for my front entrance, every carpet we purchase for there doesn't seem to fit, be the right colour or is just plain not working, I love this idea...my wheels are spinning :)
Valerie
http://www.PastimesOnline.ca/Vals-Quilting/

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Congrats on Daughter 1's new job. Hope the house sells soon.