Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ginny Eckley Workshop - Part 2

Day 2 of the workshop was for thread painting.  Above and below are two example that Ginny brought.  Hopefully you can click on the photo to see them close up.  It's amazing what she does with her sewing machine.
LOVE these birds above.  And below is a little fish.
I did a lot of practicing on the thread painting.  Then I finally worked on a little fish on my own piece.  I don't have a picture yet, though.
I had to show you the "star student's" work in progress above.  This is Cyndi W's background.  She's just started to put in place the coral and some little fish.  Plus she's already thinking ahead to borders.  We were all in awe of her work!
And here's Gerda having lots of fun.  We all had lots of fun!  This is the BEST class I've taken in a long, long time.  Cheers to Ginny Eckley!

1 comment: