Thursday, June 24, 2010

My LIttle Fish

I wanted to share an example of the thread painting technique I learned last week from Ginny Eckley.  To make these little fish, we painted one piece of fabric, traced the little fish on some Wonder Under, fused the Wonder Under to the back of the fabric, cut them out, and then fused them to the background.

Below is one little fish fused in place.  I know, he's a bit drab and lifeless!

And here's another little fish (his background area is darker, obviously) after I thread painted him.  Both fish were cut from the same fabric.
Much better, huh?  He has a bit of a personality now.  Plus he doesn't blend into the background anymore.  I need to practice much more on this, but hopefully by the time I finish this project, I'll be much better.

No comments: