Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Making Kits and a RECIPE!


I started kitting up all the bits and bobbles I've been gathering for teaching in Chicago. This particular kit is for my Hand Quilting with Perle Cotton class. Every student will receive a Pepper Cory Big Stitch needle, a ball of Presencia Perle Cotton in a beautiful variegated pink, AND a sample of Tiger Tape.


I've also made a small quilt sandwich for ever student. What fun!

And now for my new favorite recipe! Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce! This is from Martha Stewart and you can find the recipe here.


There's a simple yummy concoction of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a bit of brown sugar, and some seasoning. Pour it over some cherry tomatoes and garlic.


After slow roasting for an hour it comes out like this, all dark and juicy and caramelized!


I had it over some spaghetti squash because we still doing the lowcarb thing around here. A bit of Parmesan sprinkled on top. OH SO GOOD! I think I'll have the leftovers for lunch and dinner today. It's that good!


I finished reading this yesterday. I really enjoyed it - the movie comes out this weekend.

No comments: