Monday, May 5, 2014

Quilting Again!


I took the weekend off! I don't do that very often, but I knew I needed a break from sewing and we had some fun obligations to attend to. Friday I basted quilt number 2.

Last night I discovered a new-to-me free motion quilting pattern while surfing the net - wish I could remember the source.

This afternoon I headed up to the studio to try it out.



First you make a double loop.


Then you make loops going outward around the center.


Then you "cloud" around the loops. Easy peasy and I love the way it looks!

I made a good start and will continue on tomorrow morning.

I got my teaching assignments for the AQS Chattanooga Show in September! Yay, so excited about this! (Of course that means more work for me to get some samples ready, but that OKAY!) I'll be doing a ONE HOUR lecture - I'll have fun putting the slideshow together.

No comments: