Friday, May 9, 2014

My Summer Buddy


Meet Leo! He belongs to Daughter 2 and lives with her in the condo here in Auburn. She's spending the summer in Minnesota doing a Pharmacy Internship at the Mayo Clinic. So Leo is moving in here! He's a totally inside cat and is living upstairs in a guest bedroom with his own private bathroom. Our dogs are not allowed upstairs, so they will be separated all the time.

He is still getting used to his new digs, but is finally coming out from under the bed to explore a bit. I left a couple of treats on the bed last night and this morning they were gone - good sign - he's beginning to wander around a bit.


Look what I got in the mail yesterday! A box FULL of Tiger Tape samples to use when I teach Perle Cotton Hand Quilting in June in Chicago at Make It University! A HUGE thank you to Old Made Quilts!

Here's a backyard blossom - many more to share.

I've been oh-so-busy! Getting Daughter 2 ready for Minnesota (getting her car serviced, altering some clothes). Finishing deadline projects (working on hand stitching the binding on the two twin quilts). Making lots of lists for Chicago and Chattanooga. Ordering stuff for Chattanooga kits.

My editor for MORE Quick and Easy Hexie Quilts (to be released this Fall!) has contacted me with a list of questions. I'll be working on the book this morning instead of my usual morning studio time.

And Mother's Day is almost here! What did you get your mother? I got my Mom something personal. I sent her an e-mail and told her that it is being shipped. I said,

"It's nothing fun or pretty, but I think you'll find it very useful and better that what you use now. You'll have fun trying to figure out what it is until it arrives and you'll then understand what I'm saying."

Can you guess what it is? It's something every woman needs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a cat named Leo, too! I hope your grandcat Leo will feel at home soon, and maybe even get along well with the dogs. (Mine are friends.) But sadly I have no idea what you got your Mom.