Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Still Sitting Around



Still nursing the torn ligaments in my foot. I'm getting around without crutches now, but I still can't drive. It's good to see a bit of improvement. A few more weeks should do it.

Meanwhile, hubby brought my sewing machine down from the studio a few days ago. My dining table is now my mini-studio. For my holiday project I'm working my way through Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt. SO. MANY. LITTLE. PIECES. A real challenge for me.


I'm using this little iron while I work. I bought it for travel and retreats. Love the size!


See how itty-bitty it is? (I think I need a new pressing surface - eek!) The iron gets really hot for such a little baby.

I'm still working on Bonnie's first clue, though I have already cut clues 2 and 3. Piles of orange and navy here.


Someone insists on sitting in my lap when I'm sewing down here.

I have caught my annual Christmas cold which is making its way through our family this year. I hope all the sneezing, sniffing, and coughing is gone by Christmas.

By the way, I'm getting a new sewing machine for Christmas - sew excited! I'm going to be a Bernina girl very soon! It's been ordered and will hopefully be in soon for hubby to pick up.

Happy sewing, everyone!

1 comment:

Sue G said...

Wishing you and your family happy holidays!