Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


I'm all set for Thanksgiving tomorrow! The turkey is brining. I made our family's favorite sweet potato recipe - recipe above - click on the image to see it bigger. This is from my absolute favorite cookbook:


from the city where I grew up. I think it's one of the best selling Service League cookbooks of all time. It's still in print decades later. My copy is well worn and stained from frequent use!

I've made the cornbread dressing, and a broccoli salad. There's pumpkin pie and rolls and cranberry sauce. More sides and pies arriving tomorrow with my in-laws. Hubby helped with housework today and everything is polished and ready. We'll have a total of 8 for our late lunch, though none of them will be spending the night. I wish my Mom were coming, but my brother is taking good care of her. Actually, I think she's done a bunch of the cooking for their meal.

Friday we have out-of-towners coming to stay for the big game weekend here.

I'm usually a real stickler for waiting until AFTER Thanksgiving to put out Christmas decorations. But this year I made an exception because our next two weekends will be very busy. So the halls are decked.


It's really a bit of a relief to have all this done already. I've even finished my Christmas shopping! Oh my! Can't believe I'm so on top of things this year. I see a lot of sewing taking place during the month of December.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook (right sidebar) for more frequent updates.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: