Friday, July 26, 2013

Machine Applique Complete


I finished with the machine appliqué! Yay! As you can see, I don't use monofilament nylon thread. Yes, it would disappear, but I HATE working with it! With a passion! So I used a light gray, and then went to work:


I pulled out my Inktense Pencils...


and my Textile Medium. I dip a pencil tip in a blog of the Textile Medium and carefully color over thread where I need to so it disappears. A bit tedious, but it didn't take as long as you might think.


Cooper update:

He's almost 4 months old now and is (thankfully!) getting a bit easier. I've taught him to do his business in a natural, pine straw covered area of our backyard. Our grass (and hubby) is happy about that. I'm now working on teaching him to walk on a loose leash. So far, so good. He started losing baby teeth this week - yay, teething will be over soon!

Today he had his last puppy shots at the vet and he got a microchip. Two months until he has his surgery to be neutered.

1 comment:

jano said...

I'm not a big fan of monofilament thread, but I have found that the thread found at WalMart to be the easiest to use.