Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Super Duper Cole Slaw



Here in the South, we love our cole slaw. It goes with everything, from burgers and hot dogs, to barbeque pork, grilled chicken, steak, whatever! My dear friend and coauthor, Peggy, recently shared this recipe with me and I finally made it last week. OMG, is it ever good! Yes, it's the best cole slaw I've ever eaten, and trust me, I've eaten a lot of slaw in my day! Peggy made mountains of this recently when she and her husband hosted a big birthday bash for her MIL's 90th birthday. I can't remember what Peggy calls this, but I'm calling it Super Duper Cole Slaw.

Super Duper Cole Slaw

3 bags Angel Hair Cole Slaw cabbage
1 bottle Brianna Poppyseed Dressing
10-12 ounces Craisins
2 cups pecan pieces or glazed pecans

Dump it all in a bowl and stir it up!


So I know you're waiting for an update on Cooper, who is also Super Duper! Who knew there'd be so  many words that rhyme with Cooper? Including Pooper Scooper! Ha!



Earlier this week in a quest to entertain him for a bit, I gifted him with a quilt magazine - thought he might want to look at the pictures or even read an article or two. Lest you worry, I'd already read the magazine and torn out the stuff I wanted to save.


This is mighty interesting!


Yes, he loved every bit of it! See the paper hanging out of his mouth?

He is doing great on crate training. He knows his name is either "Cooper" or "NO!" He will often sit or shake hands on command. And he know the word, "Tee-tee," which I tell him when he goes outside. I've been working hard on leash training - 3 times today- which is good for us both. I get exercise and gets tired out!

No comments: