Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fabric Organization!

No, this is not my fabric stash. I wish! This is another shot from Tammie's house last week. Her show-and-tell for the meeting was her new organization system. The wooden shelving units are from Ikea - love Ikea! But look how she organized on the shelves.

She bought bunches of those square grids from Walmart. Instead of configuring them into boxes, she put three together to make a "U" shape and then took another one and hooked it in the middle to make another shelf. They are held together with plastic cable ties. Click on the picture to get a closer look. Brilliant, I say!

She folded her fabric around a 6" by 24" ruler. So neat! It took her 4 days to fold her entire stash, but so worth the effort!
I've been thinking a lot about what I will miss about living here in Birmingham. Here's one: the view from the window over my kitchen sink. This tree bloomed very early this year due to a recent warm spell. I like to think it knew we'd be moving before it's regular blooming season. Thank you, tree, for letting me enjoy your glory one last time.

No comments: