Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fabric Covered Branches

I had to share Tammie's table setting for our bee meeting last week. The vase is filled with branches she wrapped with fabric scraps. The scraps are then wrapped with various color of embroidery floss to hold them in place. She got the idea from a magazine. I definitely want to do this! She gave us each of box of Valentine's candy. Click on the picture a couple of times for a better look.

You might get a peak of her tea cup chandelier. And in the background, one of her quilts is hanging surrounded by colorful plates. I adore her house!
Here another Kleenex box, ready to inspire.
And here's the backing fabric it inspired me to buy. I found it at Hancock's.

And do you know what that means?????? I finished a quilt top today! Yes, one for the book! I even pieced the backing fabric. Both the top and backing are now neatly pressed, ready to send to the quilter. I'm giving myself a pat on the back.

No comments: