Monday, December 13, 2010

Snowflakes Falling

Yes, it's been snowing around here. Lots of flurries, which to us here in the deep South is a big deal! It's supposed to warm up before the weekend so we won't freeze in our wedding attire. Above is a pic of the wedding programs Emily made. Aren't they beatiful? She used a snowflake stamp with embossing ink, sprinkled it with silver embossing powder, and used my heat gun to melt it into a shimmery snowflake.
Sweet Oliver. So sweet. But not so fast! When we came home from a shopping outing yesterday, we found him tangled up in this:

I'd bought this filled bobbin saver in Houston for my applique projects. Total loss. The bobbins that were not chewed were wet with dog drool. It had been sitting near my chair for weeks and he'd never shown interest. He must have been bored and lonely. He seems okay; he ate well last night so I think he hasn't suffered from his playtime. But we're watching him closely to make sure.

I ordered a new one last night.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Have to be careful with thread around doggies. Not only expensive when they destroy it, but it could cause very bad health problem, even death. I have read of dogs and cats getting swallowing thread and having it wrap their intestines and require surgery.
Oliver is a pretty doggie.