Thursday, May 27, 2010

Teeny Tiny Nine Patch Challenge!

Anyone up for a challenge?  A Teeny Tiny Nine Patch Challenge?  I know you have plenty of scraps in your bin, just like I do.  And they're just sitting there, waiting for you to make something spectacular.  Here's your chance to use some of those tasty tidbits!

These nine patches start with two contrasting 3 inch squares.  Yes, you only need two 3 inch squares.  And you'll end up with TWO teeny tiny nine patches!  Each nine patch will be only 1 1/2 inches finished.  I know what you're thinking:  WHOA BABY!  THAT'S REALLY TINY !!

Don't worry - I'll teach you an easy way to do this without working with itty bitty squares.  Remember, I'm not a good piecer, so if I can do it, you can, too.

My goal is to make one set (two nine patches) per day.  It will only take minutes, and over time I should have a mighty pile of Teeny Tiny Nine Patches.

What to make with them?  That's up to you!  Won't it be fun to see the various projects they turn up in - quilts, purses, place mats, who knows?

Are you in?  Leave a comment here if you want to play along.  I'll set up a separate site so we can all share our progress and photos.  No deadlines involved - this is all for fun!  

12 comments:

Quiltbug said...

I must be nuts. I have way too much on my plate right now but I'd love to do some little 9 patches. I think I know the method but want to learn to do it better

fiberchick said...

Would love to learn how to make tiny 9 patches!

Shar said...

Wow! Those are tiny I would love to play along! :)~

Vicki said...

I have been following your blog for a couple of months. I am a neighbor, down in Alabaster. I would also like to participate. I have been wanting to try this for some time now. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Also overloaded but want to play - count me in! Do you think I can quilt treathers small enough for these blocks? I need to dress up a cradle for my mother's porcelain dolls - this looks like just the thing.

Carolyn in Hoover said...

Always willing to learn interesting/different skill. Sounds like fun.

Ruth Ann said...

Are you bringing examples to our "Bee" this Thursday?? Sounds like fun. I'll give it a try too.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sounds like fun, but way too busy right now.

SEWButterfly said...

Is it too late? I'd like to join in!

Karen said...

I'd like to learn how to make the tiny nine patches, too. Thanks!

Carrie said...

I WANT TO!!!

Kimberly said...

I am new at quilting but very excited about learning..I have recently started a bandana quilt and its getting done, not too bad for my first one. I would like some ideas and any help you have to offer..I am very interested in 9 pattern quilting