Monday, May 17, 2010

A Braiding Workshop

A couple of weeks ago, I took a fun workshop through our Guild.  It was called "Colors of Love" taught by fellow member, LeVerne Holbdy-Little.  She makes amazing quilts using African inspired fabrics.
Here she is with one of her works of art.  That's her faithful husband holding the quilt.  He sat nearby during the entire workshop, at the ready to assist her - what devotion!

I loved the beautiful fabrics that my classmates brought.
Here's Lorrie's work in progress.  I can't wait to see the finished quilts. 

We had just returned the night before from our Greenville trip and I was too pooped to gather up my sewing machine and fabric, so I just sat in and watched.  I want to try this soon though!

We looked at another house yesterday.  I feel like Goldilocks - everything we see is either too little or too big.  Or it doesn't have a good dog yard.  Or it doesn't have an open kitchen.  There are a few things we aren't willing to compromise.  Someone is coming this morning to look at our house.  We're not exactly sure what we'll do if our house sells now.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Wow, that braided setting is great for the African prints. I think I might just "borrow" that one. Thanks!