Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tornado Quilts: Breaking News!

Today I got an exciting e-mail from Nancy Zieman's staff - yes, THE Nancy Zieman! In the recent past, she promoted the quilts for Japan project. She wants to do the same thing to promote making quilts for tornado victims. Yay! Plus, through Nancy's staff I found out that someone else here in Alabama is also collecting quilts for the victims. Her name is Michelle Kizziah and she's started bamaboundquilts.blogspot.com. So now Michelle and I have connected and are going to join forces. Nancy is going to put a link to both our sites on her website, so hopefully that will mean more quilts for those in need! I'll post more info when I have it. Leave a comment if you'd like to send a quilt, or spare blocks, or anything to help - I'll send you the address!

2 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

Julia, I would like to help. At the very least I would like to make a quilt or two. Thanks for posting about this!

Bama Bee said...

Hi. I was so excited to find out about you thru Nancy Zieman's staff. I was glad to hear that other quilters in the community are willing to take up the cause. The response has been great on the blog and facebook. I look forward to working with you.

Michelle
Bama Bound Quilts
www.bamaboundquilts.blogspot.com