Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bee Meeting and Tornado Quilts Update

Thursday I went to a fun bee meeting. Our resident hand quilter, Catherine, had two quilts to share. Love this one, with the funky focus fabric:
Little Asian fellows playing Blind Man's Bluff - how funny!
And here's one she made for her daughter who is graduating from high school this month.
Cuteness!
And Beth shared this lovely made from scraps - ADORABLE! Love me a scrappy quilt!

Tornado Update:
I saw in this morning's paper that just under 5000 in Jefferson County alone (our county) lost their homes in the tornadoes! It's hard for me to wrap my head around that number. I also learned that a 2 year old child lost his/her life Wednesday at Children's Hospital - the 251st fatality. The national news has moved past our devastation here in the South, but the local news covers nothing else.

Many, many are pitching in to help clear debris, provide food, water, diapers, and other essentials. It's wonderful to see our community pull together to help our neighbors.

Thanks to all those who have commented here and will be sending quilts for victims in the near future. I can't wait to get them and pass them along! I'll be posting photos as they arrive. Blessings to all!

No comments: