Friday, August 20, 2010

Hexie Time

I been away from my blog for a few days. Daughter 2 (Elizabeth) came home from college Monday (YAY!!!) for a couple of weeks before she leaves for a study abroad program in Italy. We've been busy running errands, getting her ready to go. These photos are of her hexie quilt in-progress. She started stitching the hexie units together last night.
They are so beautiful - fabric selections wonderful - color is fabulous. This makes me happy.
The basement bathroom is still a work in-progress, too. There was a bit of a delay because the shower tile didn't come in on time. But the work will all be finished early next week - can't wait! Then the real mess will begin when they work on the two main level bathrooms. I'm not looking forward to all that dust and noise! But it will be worth it in the end, I know.