Monday, August 2, 2010

Back in the Studio!

Yes, I finally made it upstairs to my studio; but I haven't been sewing. Not just yet...

I've been stapling and drilling. We've been doing so much work around our house, and I decided the studio deserved a bit of sprucing up as well. I've been tired of my messy ironing area. Plus I need more storage!

So I copied an idea from my friend, Lisa. I bought a fold up table from Target, removed the top, stapled on a couple of layers of batting and a piece of Roc Lon. Then I screwed the top back onto the legs.
Above is the BEFORE.
And here's the AFTER. I set the new ironing table on bed risers to make it the correct height. Tucked underneath are three storage units, again from Target. Nine more drawers to put stuff! And they're not in the way at all. I'm a happy camper.

Now I'm sitting here...
and I'm getting ready to list the old dining room chairs on Craigslist.
In this photo you can see the new color of the dining room (we repainted it yesterday). Yes, we love this color. We finally got it right.

No comments: