Friday, January 8, 2010

Pizza Friday

As promised, I'm going to start posting the occasional recipe - a girl's gotta eat, right?

Over the holiday's we've been watching a bit of the Food Network.  Yum!  One night we happened onto a pizza challenge show.  I'd never seen anything like it.  The contestants competed in a few different areas of pizza making.  In one part, they had to throw and stretch their dough to see who could make the biggest crust.  I'm talking big!  These pizzas would not come close to fitting in my oven.

In one part of the show they had to showcase a pizza recipe.  We were all drooling by the time the credits rolled.  The winning recipe was the Cali-Italia Pizza.  We knew we had to try it.  I highly recommend it!  It's absolutely the best pizza I've ever put in my mouth, bar none.  Better than take-out, by far!

I found fresh pizza dough at our local Publix, in the bakery department.  The only change I made in the recipe was that we added the prosciutto and the fig preserves before baking instead of after.  I wanted all the toppings to be hot.  

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Mmmm...looks yummy!