Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Crochet Wednesday


Ta-dahhhh!  Here's the start of my crochet project.  It will be an afghan, eventually..............
I do love these hexagons!  Hmmm....maybe I'll make a hexagon quilt this year, too.  We'll see.  I haven't crocheted in years, but it didn't take long to brush up my skills.  And now I've got the pattern down pat so I don't have to look at the instructions every step of the way.  One thing nice about this pattern is that you crochet the hexies together as  you make them - no sewing them together later.  I got the pattern from the sidebar of my new favorite blog, Attic24.

Daughter 2 was interested in this, so I taught her to crochet over the weekend.  She's already made a scarf and is ready to start something bigger.  Yes, she's officially hooked!  I couldn't resist the lame pun - sorry!

This project is proving to be a nice break for my eyes from the Mickey applique quilt.  It's nice to have two very different hand projects going at the same time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the colors! It's going to be a beautiful afghan!