Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sad News Concerning Kathy Sandbach

I just read that Kathy Sandbach (phenomenal machine quilting teacher) has been diagnosed with Frontal Temporal Dementia and is in an assisted living facility.  You can read more about this here.  

I took a machine quilting class from Kathy years ago at the Alabama Quilt Symposium.  I came away with much increased confidence in my quilting.  Because of Kathy, I bought a Brother machine for quilting.  I still refer to the practice pieces I made in her class.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting this. My brother and I have been overwhelmed by the response that we've received since her diagnosis was made public. It has been incredible to hear how she has made an impact. Thank you so much from Kathy's daughter.