Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back From the Lake

And a good time was had by all!  Here's Daughter 1 with her camera.
Here's Daughter 2 with her ponytail blowing on a boat ride.
Mickey LOVED to help drive the boat.
We had a great time with only two casualties.  The first was my pair of magnetic sunglasses that fit over my prescription glasses.  They blew off while on a boat ride, never to be seen again.  Luckily I can order another pair.

The second casualty was Prince.  Don't worry - he'll be fine!  But he took a major fall coming down the stairs at the house.  The steps are very steep and slippery.  He couldn't put one of his hind legs down.  But a trip to the vet yesterday revealed that nothing is broken and no ligaments are torn.  He just needs a few days of rest.

By the way, the water level was much higher than the time Prince went on his rock retrieving missions, so he was not able to try it this time, though he did a bit of swimming before his fall.

Now back to the real world!  Errands to run, meals to cook, a house to clean!  But I'm determined to get some sewing in at some point in the day.  Did you know that I only have 21 days left until I will allow myself to buy fabric????!!!!  It's really gone much more quickly than I would have ever imagined.  Of course, it also means it will by my one year blog anniversary.

This blog has given me more joy than you can imagine.  It's helped me through my first year of Empty Nest Syndrome, which was harder than I expected.  It's connected me to all of you, many of you I would have never met not through the blog.  I know we haven't actually met in person, but I do feel a connection with all of you.

Now, (imagine a drum roll right about now) for a BIG announcement!  Whoops, I'm not telling you what it is just yet.  You'll have to wait until August 26, the anniversary day.  So stay posted!

No comments: