Monday, June 22, 2009

My European Confession

Okay, it's time to 'fess up! Marty asked the big question in her comment on my last blog post. Did I buy any fabric at the quilt shop in Germany? And the answer is..... NO! It was fun to see the shop and talk with owner, but I really wasn't tempted. Many of their fabrics are things I could buy here in the US.

But...I did buy something from her. I must confess, I bought a German quilt book. Yes, I know, I wasn't planning to buy any quilting books during my yearlong journey. But when will I get back to Germany? I figured it was worth breaking my vow to get this special book to remember our trip. Of course, I can't read a word of it, but the pictures and diagrams are in the universal language of quilting, so it doesn't matter!

I'm having some issues with blogger since I've been home. It's not letting me load pictures. As soon as I can figure out how to fix this, I'll show you the book. I also want to show you all the free stuff I came home with for my quilts. Yes, there is much to be found both here and in Europe which is FREE.

Plus, I want to share photos from our guild's quilt show this past weekend. Oh that DARN blogger! Oh well, stay tuned this week. Hopefully, I'll figure out this photo glitch soon!

No comments: