Monday, June 15, 2009

A HUGE Totebag

More crafty sewing! I decided I needed a new tote bag - a BIG new tote bag. I made this using upholstery fabric given to me months ago by my friend, Lisa. The fabric on the bottom of the tote is a brown vinyl with concentric circles stitched in orange - really cool! Plus it make for a durable bottom. It was a bit tough to sew through, but I used a leather needle and it went well.

The top photo shows the bag with the zipper in use. The bottom photo shows another way to close it. I have a tie sewn into each end - the tie in the middle to bring the sides in a bit. I lined the bag, too, and it has nice large pockets inside.
I've already started using the tote. It makes a great weekend bag for travel.

1 comment:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great tote. It looks so professional and classic.