Friday, September 13, 2013

Sweat Shop!


Here's what my cutting table looked like yesterday morning. The fabric has been FLYING around here! Yesterday I finished TWO quilt tops!!!! Time to clean a bit:


Ahhh, much better!

I basted the larger quilt - it's ready to for the next step of quilting. I'll baste the smaller one (a wallhanging) today. I'm also busy as a bee working on examples for demonstrating on Quilting Arts TV next week - never knew there was so much to do to prepare for a 5-8 minute segment! I have a new appreciation for all those folks we watch on television.


Here's my coffee buddy this morning. He's been a bad boy this week... dumped a potted plant out on the patio. Ate part of the plant. Dirt everywhere. Never did find the pot... Oh well...

We have out of town guests coming this weekend, so I need to get to the grocery store, put sheets on a bed, freshen bathrooms, and then I can get back to the fun stuff of quilting!!!

Thanks to the Birmingham Quilters Guild for a great time on Monday. Peggy and I (both members of the guild) got to speak at the first meeting of the year. We had a blast sharing our journey through publishing - some of the behind the scenes stories of book publishing and Quilt Market. On the way out of town I stopped at Chico's and bought something to wear for the TV filming next week. (At least that was my excuse for buying a new outfit!) :) Have a great day!

No comments: