Monday, October 31, 2011

San Antonio!!!

Wondering where I've been since last week? Hubby had a business trip in San Antonio and I stowed away! I'd never been there before, but I'd go back in a heartbeat. What a fun, vibrant city! We toured the Alamo, of course.
We went to the top of the Hemisfair - yes, I sewed right up there at the top while Hubby took some pictures of the view.
I walked miles along the River Walk, and ate lots of Mexican food.
We saw some amazing plants and lots of birds.
It was a great trip! I even met some lovely quilters from Bermuda, stopping for a few days on their way to the Houston show- picture coming soon! I even gave them a mini lesson during their breakfast.

We got home Sunday afternoon. Today I'm catching up on laundry. I actually got a good bit of hand sewing done on the trip. I kept it in my purse, and sewed my way through San Antonio. I used my handy dental floss pack as my thread cutter. I'm may have to name this particular quilt (it'll be in the book) something with a bit of Tex-Mex flavor since part of it was made there.

1 comment:

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

Sounds like you had a great time.