Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Ship(ment) Has Come In!

Excuse my messy kitchen table in the background, but look what came in the mail! A freakin' tall stack of fabric! I can't show you the quilts I'm working on for the book, but there's no reason I can't share some of the fabric.

This pile includes 10 yards of Kaffe Fassett all on sale from Hancock's of Paducah - I cannot pass up a Kaffe sale! And there are also lots and lots of Kona Cotton Solids thrown in for good measure. These were not on sale, but they're a MUST have as far as I'm concerned.

Do you see that coral and that green near the bottom of the stack? One of them has a good shot of being the background fabric for one of the quilts. Now which to pick? What do you think? I'm trying to step outside my color box - why are backgrounds always white or cream?

Daughter 2 is home with us for a couple of days - she's got in interview Monday for Pharmacy School - good luck, Sweetie!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Alathia said...

I like the green for a background! Cannot wait to see your projects. P.S. Hobby Lobby locally has a small selection of Kona. =o)

Susan said...

What fun! I can hardly wait for the book to come out so I can see what you do with this wonderful stack of fabric!