Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flower Power

Today my art group met here at my house.  We've been together for a few months now, and I can truly say we've bonded as friends.  We are all supportive of each other's unique talents, and we enjoy sharing with each other.  These women make me happy!

Today we experimented with coloring and painting on quilted sandwiches, revealing their texture, and enhancing the quilted images.  I had my camera at the ready, but forgot to use it.  So sorry!

So you'll just have to see my little experiment.  Here's the before image.  I quilted this quickly yesterday, playing with flowers and grass shapes.

Here's the after shot.  To color my piece, I used Judy R.'s Inktense Pencils.  She got them from Dick Blick.  To get this effect, I colored directly on the fabric, and then used a paintbrush to add textile medium over the colored area.  The medium intensified the colors.  I had great fun with these, and have added these pencils to my list to buy after August, when I can buy again.
I've been quilting away on Patches.  I'm taking my time, as much as I can.  I'm pleased with the results so far.  I'm post a progress picture soon.

1 comment:

Marty Mason said...

How fun...I love this flower garden. Look - no weeds! And even better, no humidity...