Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back from the Lake

We had a lovely, long weekend at the lake over the last few days. Hubby and I took my parents with us. The only stressful part of the weekend was discovering that my 86 year old father is in worse shape than I realized. Quick visits just don't tell the entire story like being with someone 24/7.
Hubby got the doxies life jackets - doesn't Mickey look like a sausage with mustard?!!!
Of course, I took my hexies! I sat for hours on the porch stitching, with a view of the lake at my disposal. I made four block during my deck time!
Can you tell how relaxing it was, even for the dogs? Prince loved sitting in the back of the pontoon boat with the wind in his ears.
Mickey preferred to be right up front - the hood ornament on the boat. Whoops, they forgot their life jackets for this outing!

Now we're back home to the dust and noise of bathroom remodeling. At least we're past the demo part on the master bath. The pieces are being put back together, and in another couple of weeks we'll be back in our bedroom again.

Oh! I almost forgot!!!! When I arrived home Sunday, I found the most wonderful package waiting for me from a dear blog reader. I do love it, and will share photos tomorrow!!

No comments: