Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A New Trick


I'm marathon quilting - determined to finish this quilt TODAY!  Yesterday I realized I'd have to unsew the binding - thank goodness I hadn't hand stitched it down yet!  So I ripped that baby off.  But then I was left with all these pesky little threads to remove...


I grabbed my cellophane tape, put a piece (sticky side down) over the little threadies....


I rubbed it down really well....


I pulled it off and out came the little threads!  I think I was channeling my inner desire to wax some unwanted hair.  :)  I made quick work of cleaning up the binding so I could stitch it down again - correctly this time!

I only have a tiny bit of hand quilting left on this.  Then I will hand stitch the binding and sleeve.  It WILL be finished today!!!


No comments: