Saturday, October 6, 2012

Doxie Zigzag!


A doxie zigzag!  LoVe iT!  Up until now, I've been cutting up an entire fat quarter into half square triangles and dumping the extras in a bin.  But not this time.  I'm saving some of this yummy doxie-ness for some hexie goodness.  Thanks again, Nancy!  (FYI, that's a bird Tjap in the corner - a wooden stamp used to apply wax to fabric before dying, creating batik fabric.)


And with today's block I've gone across the bottom and up one side.  Only 14 blocks to go!  I've started sewing some of the pieces together in groups of four or six.  As much as I love looking at this quilt every day, I'm ready to get it off my design wall!


And on the floor below the design wall....an avalanche of Dad's shirts.   I think they are multiplying.


Gee's Bend is almost done.  I've added borders to all four sides.  But I think I need to add one more border to the top or bottom.  Maybe a row of more wonky blocks.  Not sure yet.  One of my favorite parts is in the lower left.


I left a shirt label on the quilt.  I likey.

I did all these quilty things this morning, before the start of TV football watching.  Now we have a good meal in our tummies.  And I am hand sewing on Secret Project 2.   And hoping that funny feeling in my throat is not what I think it might be....

No comments: