Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Summary

I was down to the wire, but I did get the blue stash quilt stitched together.  I just finished a few minutes ago, in fact.  I'm still not sure what this will become, but I have my thinking cap on.
It's official:  February will be RED month for me.  This month I'm cutting nine inch squares from my red stash, reorganizing the drawer as I go.  Above are some of the squares I've already cut.  I got a head start on red since February is such a short month.  These will be made into nine patch blocks, using some pretty creams to go with them.
Here's the "before" shot of my red drawer.

To sum up the month in terms of my 2009 goals, I've marked three things of my list.
Lost 5 pounds.  CHECK!  (I've actually lost 8 pounds!)
Entered a quilt in a major show.  CHECK!  (Spring Break)
Made a January stash quilt.  CHECK! (Blue quilt above)

I'm hoping to mark off many more at the end of February.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my hubby.  He's doing a bit better and went to work Friday for about half the day.  It will take him a while to get all his strength back, but he is much better.  He spent most of the day in a recliner working on our taxes.  Yay him!

No comments: