Sunday, December 14, 2008

Slowly, But Surely!

No, I didn't quite make my goal for the weekend (not yet, anyway).  I did finish the blacks/grays.  And I did start working on the other loved one, as you can see.  It's Prince, the fire loving doxie.  I still have a few hours left before bedtime, so I may just go back upstairs and work (or play, depending on how you look at it).  At the rate I'm fusing, I think I'll meet my self imposed deadline.

I've been thinking about goals lately.  I work so much better when I have them.  Working aimlessly on a project can result in putting it aside when I tire of it.  Believe me, I've tired of this project quite a bit lately, but my goals keep me on task.

I've decided to make a list of goals for 2009 in lieu of resolutions.  "I resolve to ...." is so cut and dried.  You either do it or you don't.  I think goals, doable goals, will work better for me.  I'm still thinking through what my goals will be, but I'll post them here once I've decided.

I've also been thinking about my year-long journey of green quilting.  This has been so satisfying and has only enriched my creativity.  To make it clear, I not trying to use up my stash; I'm trying to MAKE USE OF MY STASH.

Along these lines, I'm going to take one color of my stash each month and "play."  I might strip piece with it, make nine patch blocks, who knows.  January will be blue month.  Blue is a cool color, and January is a cool, cold month.  Seems to fit.  

No comments: